This recipe is an adaptation of Sam’s Muesli Cookies (see here: ), incorporating currants and cacao nibs instead of all dried fruit.
If you use a 20g tablespoon measure you will get 28 to 30 cookies from this recipe.
These are my favourite … so these are for moi!
This recipe is an adaptation of Sam's Muesli Cookies, incorporating currants and cacao nibs instead of all dried fruit.
If you use a 20g tablespoon measure you will get 28 to 30 cookies out of this recipe.
These are my favourite ... so these are for moi!
- 100g butter
- 80g honey or maple syrup
- 90g light muscovado sugar (or brown sugar)
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 200g rolled oats
- 20g cornflour
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes, or ½ fine sea salt
- 100g dried currants
- 100g cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan forced
- Line two baking trays with baking paper
- Place butter, honey and sugar into TM bowl and melt 6 minutes / Veroma / speed 2 / MC off
- Add dates and mix 4 seconds / speed 6 / MC on
- Add oats, cornflour, sea salt, currants and cacao nibs and mix 10 seconds / speed 3
- Scrape down sides and mix for another 5 seconds / speed 3
- Remove mix from TM bowl and place into separate bowl to rest for 10 minutes before rolling into balls
- Roll mix into balls (the dough will be sticky so you will need to dampen your palms first) and place onto baking tray, and flatten with your fingers so they are a nice shape and not too thick
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn tray around and bake for a further 10 minutes
- Remove tray from oven … leave cookies on tray for 10 minutes and then move to a cooling rack to cool completely
- They will be soft when out of the oven, but will firm up on cooling