This is another flavour option for my Greek Almond Biscuits (see here) … because I always have walnuts, and I LOVE cinnamon … so it was a natural progression.
I always have heaps of egg whites in my freezer, waiting to be used up in some way. So these are perfect recipes for that very purpose.
Easy to make, plenty of it so it is good for a crowd, and an added bonus is that it’s gluten free.
- 450g walnuts + extra half walnuts for topping each biscuit
- 200g raw caster sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 105-110g egg whites, room temperature (from about 3 large eggs)
- Line two baking trays with baking paper (use a little oil under paper to keep it in place)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced
- Place walnuts into TM bowl and mill 4 seconds / speed 7
- Add sugar, cinnamon, sea salt and egg whites and mix 8 seconds / speed 5
- Remove mix to a bowl before shaping into biscuits
- Have a glass with water to dip your tablespoon in, and your bowl with the walnut mix
- Dip a tablespoon measure into the water, then put it directly into the walnut mix, place mix into your dampened palm and roll into a ball
- Place onto baking tray and lightly press a half walnut onto the biscuit
- Repeat until all the mix is done, dipping your spoon into the water as needed, and also dampening your hands every now and then to stop the mixture from sticking (you may need to rinse your hands every now and then too) … you should get about 28 biscuits
- Place one tray into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, turn tray around and bake for a further 8 to 10 minutes or until nicely golden brown
- Repeat with the second tray
- Allow biscuits to rest for 5 minutes on the tray before placing on a cooling rack to cool completely
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week (if they last that long!)